Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence Presents
The Blueprint for Educational Excellence National Institute
In partnership with Grapevine-Colleyville ISD of Texas
September 29-30, 2009
(Dallas/Fort Worth area)
REGISTER FOR THE INSTITUTE
SUBMIT A PRESENTATION PROPOSAL
- Deadline September 1, 2009
Visit elementary, middle, and high school classrooms and gain first-hand experience from some of the best teachers in the world!
Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence in partnership with Grapevine-Colleyville ISD and SMART Technologies, Inc., will be hosting a two-day professional sharing and learning institute for preK-12 teachers, specialists, paraeducators and administrators at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in the Dallas/Fort Worth area on September 29-30, 2009.
Some of the highlights include
- How to improve all aspects of your school through the comprehensive Blueprint for Excellence
- How to become a Blue Ribbon Lighthouse School
- Workshop sessions by K-12 teachers and administrators sharing best practices in the areas of science and technology, literacy, curriculum, instructional practices, wellness and social-emotional behavior
- Visiting a 21st Century Classroom of SMART products
- Sharing best practices of THINKING MAPS for elementary and secondary schools
- Meeting with principals from Blue Ribbon Lighthouse Schools and site visits to exceptional schools in the Dallas/Fort Worth area
- Workshops on SMART Content Creation, Bilingual & ESOL Education, Technology Integration, Leadership, and SMART Board Training Workshops
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Phillip Schlechty, founder and CEO of the Center for Leadership in School Reform and author of Inventing Better Schools: An Action Plan for Educational Reform, Schools for the 21st Century: Leadership Imperative for Educational Reform, as well as many others
Attend high energy sessions, visit award winning schools, and learn some of the best practices implemented by innovative school districts in the interests of addressing the needs of all children. Join us for an experience of excellence in schools that focuses on the whole child!
Day 1 - September 29, 2009
7:00 AM - Registration
7:30 AM - Coffee & Juice
8:00 AM - Opening Session
9:30 - 10:30 AM – First Concurrent Session
10:45 - 11:45 AM – Second Concurrent Session
12:00 - 1:30 PM – Lunch on Your Own
1:45 - 2:45 PM – Third Concurrent Session
3:00 - 4:00 PM – Fourth Concurrent Session
Day 2 - September 30, 2009
7:00 AM - Registration
7:30 AM - Coffee & juice
8:00 AM - Keynote Speaker
9:15 AM - School Visits
11:45 AM - Return to the Hotel
12:00 - 1:30 PM – Lunch at the Hotel with Keynote Speaker
1:45 - 2:45 PM – Fifth Concurrent Session
3:00 - 4:00 PM – Sixth Concurrent Session
4:15 PM – Closing Session with Door Prizes
for this two-day Institute is $379 per person, or a team of 5 or more @ $329 per person. Payment and purchase orders may be sent to Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence, Post Office Box 222, Ballentine, SC 29002.
at the Gaylord Texan Resort is an unbelievable $109 per night single or $134 per night double (does not include resort or parking fees) – call reservations at 817-778-2000 to book your room today!